BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Official!

Hello Friends and Family,

Well, it is official. Britt and I are now engaged. He proposed at Wolfcreek Ski Resort in Colorado on March 13, 2010. He proposed at the bottom of the slope with some of my family and his family there.

How did it all go down? Well, I was sitting over in one of the lodges after a morning of skiing. Britt was sitting with me for a while until he decided to go to the bathroom (which actually was when he called my parents). I then told him to go out on the slopes without me because I was sore already and needed a break. Well, he came back in after about 10 minutes which is a very fast run. So...I asked him if there was anything wrong. He said "no, but I talked to a guy up at the ski lift that had this amazing hat and I was wondering if you would go look at it with me?" I said sure and proceeded to go with him to the shop. When we got to the shop I realized that there was no hats there. So I thought we were heading to the other shop and when we got around the corner, I saw my family and his family stand there. Britt dropped to one knee and with a huge smile asked if I would marry him. My first reaction was no you didn't and I actually said "no" and gave him a kiss which of course meant yes. He then put the ring on my finger and I cried a bit and gave him a bunch of hugs and kisses. Then of course we spend time thanking the family for being there and taking bunches of pictures.

Here a just a few of them!

THE RING


THE PARENTS


AFTER THE KISS


As for after the proposal, it took a while for it all to sink in for Britt and I. We've always talked about it and joked about it and now that it was here, it just seemed too good to be true. We contacted the rest of the family first to let them know all the juice details and then posted it on facebook.

What is next to come? Well, we have unofficial decided on the date. We are looking at September 10th, 2011 (9-10-11). We've already got a church reserved as well as other things. So...just a heads up you might want to leave that date open. Britt and I are looking at getting our engagement pictures done too. We would like to do them probably around the time that the wheat is ready to be harvested. Anyone have any cute ideas for pictures? We thought about one with Britt carrying me though a wheat field.

Well, thanks for catching up on our lives and look forward to more posts and comments!

Love,
Liz and Britt

0 comments: