BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sick To Death

Hello Family and Friends,

If you know anything about Britt and I, you should know Britt has an amazing immune system and I have a horrible one. I catch anything and everything.

Yesterday I went to K-State's Health Center in Manhattan, Kansas for a doctor appointment because I wasn't feeling good. Upon calling to get an appointment, the scheduler made me feel as if I was being interrogated. None of the illnesses I presented seemed good enough to see the doctor. I was presented with a sore throat, nasal congestion, and a minor cough. Finally, I got an appointment to see one of the doctors and I might as well have felt like the guy in the comic below.



The doctor pretty much confirmed all my aliments. He said that since I didn't present a fever that he was going to rule out strep as well as a bacterial infection. He said he was pretty sure it was a viral infection and that I should just take an expectorant and a nasal spray. I've done all the following and so far I still feel as bad as I did when I went into the doctor's office.

Today, I called the Health Center to see if I could receive a doctor's note verifying that I was indeed sick for my job. The nurse said all she could do was give me a note saying that I was in to visit the doctor. I was baffled that they couldn't give me a note verifying that I was sick. I, of course, asked why and the nurse said because I didn't authorize the release of that information. Okay! I'm the one requesting the doctor's note, but I can't have it because I didn't authorize the doctor to release my information to me? How messed up is that? So...I asked the nurse what if I signed a document saying that I authorized the release of that information to me? She said that if I did that then it would take up to a week to get the doctor's note ready. WOW! Some healthcare we have here at K-State. I'm glad the Health Center is pulling money out of my tuition with their fees. It just makes me feel so much better when I'm paying for these people to have their jobs and I get treated like this. I'm so sick to death of this Health Center.

Thanks for reading,
Britt and Liz

0 comments: